Eve - Poem by Wali Jamali
Wrapped in the wrong body,
fights with the coincidences.
She gets slaughtered in the sleep
Axe falls on her
A wandering bullet
consumes her breath.
Stove-burst becomes a funeral pyre.
why a young boy has never been consumed by co-incidences?
what's in her body that charms the bullets, axe, stove-burst?
whiff of air whispers!
'you are trapped in the wrong body.'
'what's wrong with her own body? '
Comments about Eve by Wali Jamali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl