God Will Help Me - Poem by Mary Nagy
God will give me patience
to deal with evil things.
He will block it out for me....
I hear the angels sing.
My mind's become polluted
with mean and cruel remarks.
This poem will be my cleansing
from the big dog's lonely barks.
I've fallen far from virtue.
I took that poisoned bite.
At least I regained composure
before the title fight.
No longer will I worry.
I won't reach out my hand.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
I'm sure you understand.
Comments about God Will Help Me by Mary Nagy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl