Heartbeat - Poem by Melanie Weeks
I want to be held in your arms,
Laying my head on your chest.
I wanna listen.
Your steady breathing,
Your chest going up and down slowly.
Your heart beating in rhythm
Beat after beat,
I steep lower.
Finally getting rest.
I'm falling asleep.
Finally somewhere to belong,
Right by your heartbeat.
Finally, I'm where I'm supposed to be.
Your steady heartbeat,
Oh, how I love it!
I've waited, oh, so long.
And this is only my waking dream,
Because your not close enough for me
To hear your heartbeat.
Comments about Heartbeat by Melanie Weeks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl