Heavy Hearted Goodbye - Poem by Crystal Pierce
I stopped breathing that day.
My heart fell out of my chest and into my hands where I dropped it.
I stomped on it and covered every crevice with dirt and cement.
Your lack of emotion towards the subject pushed me back away from you.
I loved you and I wanted you to stay.
But whatever you were looking for I wasn't it.
Our time together though was heaven sent.
I'm going to be here but I'm not going to be blue.
My heart is not hardened and my feelings aren't crushed.
I made it without you and I'm going to do it again.
But my heart is dirty with pain
It's that was the day I stopped breathing and loving you.
Comments about Heavy Hearted Goodbye by Crystal Pierce
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl