Lawrence S. Pertillar
Homage - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Six foot descend,
In grave opulence repose.
Sombre are the passages...
Shared and quietly spoken,
In emotional rituals sparked
With tears falling
And gently eased!
Under breezes cascading,
Between tombs on lush green fields.
Soft comments exchanged
As those close kneel!
To pay last respects...
For our sons and daughters laid to rest,
Unshaded in radiant Sun!
Honored are those,
For a job well done!
'I dedicated 'Homage' to all those who have lived their lives
in the service of others without fanfare,
and most times without being shown gratitude!
I am only one man, however, I salute them for their unselfish acts
and deeds i deeply respect! '
Comments about Homage by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl