Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Could. I Would. And, I Will... - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
In a flight that has never grounded me,
To relate to life in physical limits.
To perceive an existence,
Bombarded with restrictions.
An acceptance of that...
I would not allow to weigh on my back.
I had been depicted.
But a resistence to this,
Did little to prevent my wishes...
To fulfill and make real,
Those reachable dreams.
I could. I would. And, I will...
With a confidence driven by nail biting sacrifice.
And a discipline applied day and night...
To make my creative beliefs come true.
They just would not let 'me' let 'them' go.
Comments about I Could. I Would. And, I Will... by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda