Lawrence S. Pertillar
I'D Like To See What Makes You Qualified - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am glad you are here to discuss my qualifications.
If you don't mind.
I'd like to see what makes you qualified,
To discuss mine with a revealing of your evidence.
Spare me those explanations,
About following your job description.
Never once have I had a position...
That did not take advantage of my abilities.
Once I expressed my capabilities...
That I needed not to embellish with exposed facts.
And if you are reluctant I will understand.
'Are you seeking employment?
Or do you want to run the place? '
I seek employment,
To prove myself to be competent,
Would offend too many people.
Comments about I'D Like To See What Makes You Qualified by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl