💘 I Do Not Love You Because I Love You 💘 - Poem by James McLain
I love her because of her, though she's an ocean away,
I can't like him hate you because I love you still.
You could arch to me like a cat and I would be blind
To your flaws I have many.
It's unseasonably cool in October now
The cooler air now,
Can never cool my love for you fire and ice.
In this fairytale of love you wear my heart upon
No pumpkin here to leave you there behind.
I love you because I love you and it's in your heart
I wish to live and I can't part with that.
Ode to Pablo Neruda
Comments about 💘 I Do Not Love You Because I Love You 💘 by James McLain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl