I Have The Soul Of Poetry To Keep - Poem by Captain Cur
What words can strengthen my mortality?
What sounds can wake me from this worldly sleep?
Imagined obstacles appear too steep
to climb, in pain and weakness would I die
or call upon my eagle in the sky;
nor live in fear of death, I will not weep
I have the soul of poetry to keep
fresh, alive, not a tear escapes my eye.
The bards of old, their glorious refrains
redeems me from the agony and pain;
purity, knowledge, charity and truth
words that forged the pillars of my youth
and years, whatever numbers still remain,
I will grasp a magnitude!
Comments about I Have The Soul Of Poetry To Keep by Captain Cur
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda