Lawrence S. Pertillar
If It Was Possible To Borrow Time - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
If it was possible to borrow,
Time from tomorrow...
I would fill every gap that lacked,
A happiness not felt today...
Full to overflowing.
If that was possible.
And I knew I could pursue it with a doing,
To be done.
If it 'was' possible,
To be in debted to a sadness left behind...
I knew came from time to time,
To quickly erase from my mind debt free of it...
I'd be grinning from ear to ear.
Knowing I would not have to deal,
With something I'd never feel again.
Or think of it appearing on my path.
Comments about If It Was Possible To Borrow Time by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl