Lawrence S. Pertillar
If We All Worked Harder - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
If we all worked harder.
At something we loved.
To discover it found,
This leaves us pleased.
Few would be left concerned enough.
About what another does,
To find it loved.
And doing this to choose.
Done to want with it to wish.
Only themselves to approve of it.
Less would be noses,
Up in someone else's business.
With their time spent working harder,
Making the World a better place to live.
To think of ourselves,
As entrepreneurs of a quality of life.
We all can share doing what is right.
With a leaving our noses,
Left on our faces where they belong.
And leave the bees to buzz,
Wherever they may.
Comments about If We All Worked Harder by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl