Lawrence S. Pertillar
If You Are Up To The Challenge - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Do not do that to yourself.
Do not wish to live a life to please me,
Or others you desire to impress.
You will never be happy doing that.
Because I know for a fact,
If I understood my own moods...
You'd be bored to tears.
Knowing you had wasted your life,
Uselessly devoted to someone so predictable.
I will say this...
With that said!
If you are up to the challenge,
And love adventure.
By all means,
You'd be ideal.
And the one I have been seeking.
Since neither one of us would know,
What each day to us would bring.
Comments about If You Are Up To The Challenge by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda