Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is It The Was - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Is It the was that you are after?
And the could with what ifs,
Of days to go you miss.
Why stop to allow the now to know it.
Or let today just slip away.
Yesterday you had.
To watch while from you it passed.
And now it is the was with could ifs,
More on your mind wasting time.
To find tomorrow another reason,
For you to reminisce it...
For what it could have been.
Without one effort to endeavor,
A single thing to make your dreams...
But wanting more for them to come,
As you sit with wishes...
To decide and pick as to which one fits,
What remains in your mind.
Comments about Is It The Was by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl