Lawrence S. Pertillar
Kept Within Focus - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
People are only impressed to digest,
That which is visually presented.
And they bring along their cameras...
Tape-recorders with pens and pads,
Prepared to critique.
With a rushing to report and display,
In the streets.
What happens behind stage is of no interest.
And those who are creating special effects,
To keep it that way...
Do the pulling of the strings,
From behind the scenes.
As they make sure what is marketed,
Is kept within focus to be bought as sold.
Comments about Kept Within Focus by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl