ivor or ivor.e hogg
Lack Of Oversight A Rant - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
The quality of mercy is not strained.
Today it seems to be more underused.
Charity appeals have us all confused.
The urge to contribute is now constrained
We can’t be sure that anything is gained
We are afraid donations have been misused
Our generosity has been abused
Although we ask no one has explained.
Exactly where the money raised has gone.
Administration costs are far too high.
The doubts I have will linger on
Until somebody can explain why.
and what the money has been spent upon.
No one accepts responsibility.
Sunday,28 February 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
Comments about Lack Of Oversight A Rant by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda