Lawrence S. Pertillar
Like A Validated Rose - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I feel emboldened when I'm touched.
Like a validated rose.
And even though my thorns may prick,
Always there comes along someone...
Attracted to my scent.
More radiant I feel I should show myself.
But I do my best not to overdo it.
I want to be sniffed in the air to be whiffed,
Not picked and clipped to be placed in a vase...
Until my essence just fades away.
I don't want it to be known,
I am not without limitations.
Comments about Like A Validated Rose by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl