Lonely People - Poem by Ivy Christou
She is walking alone,
In the middle of the street,
Talking to herself,
Everyone thinks she is crazy
And they avoid her.
But she is just speaking to
The Voices in her head,
After all she has no one but Them.
She has been lonely for so long,
The Voices are her only company
And They want to take Them away
And let her alone again.
She is willing to sacrifice Them
For some compassion and understanding,
And if someone offers,
With some true friendship.
But no one offers,
All they want to prove is that she is insane
In this insane world.
Well, maybe they are right
But at least now,
When she cries at nights,
The Voices are there to comfort her..
Comments about Lonely People by Ivy Christou
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl