Fake World - Poem by Ivy Christou
I don’t see a falling star but I’ll make a wish,
My guardian angel is out there and he‘ll listen to me.
Take me away from this world of lies
And let me live in a place where love never dies.
Keep me happy with simple things,
I love the sun, the birds, the wind.
Make me laugh and destroy tears
Be my friend and vanish my fears.
In my place there is no pain
Just happy people, that care for others without gain.
Transfer me into my fake world,
Find me a prince and I won’t say a word.
Bring my loved ones here as well
An empty world is like a lonely cell.
Don’t give me money, it is useless here
Don’t buy me guns I have nothing to fear.
Comments about Fake World by Ivy Christou
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda