Mirabile Dictu - Poem by Alicia Patti
So wonderful to relate the main
event of the big tent, a sideshow,
frangible as a chrysalis longing
to pull a Lord Lucan.
Show Me Your Bona Fides –
I’ll show you my philosopher’s stone,
breathing life into my troglodytic bones
No screeds for me, just simple
alchemy, short and to the point, with
a big bolus of veritas. Mirabile dictu.
Bless me and Amen.
Comments about Mirabile Dictu by Alicia Patti
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl