Cretan Maineiac Poems
- Baseball: Opening Day Muggy today, a pop of the mitt, a ...
- The offer never ceases to be The offer never ceases to ...
- Crisis Crisis nags like a baying hound at those who wear it ...
- Know Holds Bard To fix a headlock on a metaphor, or clamp a...
- .the Void Hour Sixty minutes, like any other Hour ...
- .o Pateras, The Good Doctor *for my father* You look just ...
- .waking Up We open our Eyes only because God
A strange vagabond.......
Within you is your native land.
So search none other, never more depart.
You are never homeless in your heart.
As one might surmise from viewing my writing, i'm far more of an appreciator of great poetry than i am an exponent thereof.
My name derives from a combination of genetic ties to the Greek island of Crete and geographical ties to the great United State of Maine.
I believe poetry to be the most genuine of art forms. Although it is easy enough for anyone to scribble a few vague lines and name it poesy, true appreciation of the genre is strictly a labor of love.
Among the literary food ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Baseball: Opening Day
Muggy today, a
pop of the mitt, a whiff of
the grass, swish of the
bat in the April air,
and two little words: 'Play ball! '