My Daughter - Poem by Smoky Hoss
Is graduating high-school.
I don't know what
To say - or do -
I'm so proud...
I'm so sad;
Tears of joy, and loss, I've cried both...
She's my daughter, I'm her dad.
Soon she must make her own way
This I do know -
Still, because of great love
It's difficult letting go.
With God's help
I trust she'll be alright,
For he has a fathers love too;
He'll be with her always, both day and night.
I will pray...
For her future yet to come,
And all the wonderful times and memories
We've together had;
That she is my daughter...
And that I am her dad.
(for Sarah 'Button', I'll always love you. Dad.)
Comments about My Daughter by Smoky Hoss
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda