My Prayer - Poem by sam elere
Protect me from the swoop of death
And make me dwell in health.
See me through all battles
Victorious with the thrust of faith.
O! That I may stand through time
Grizzled with wisdom and principle.
That I may soar on heights
Steadfast on wings of diligence.
That I may swim the ocean of life
Dignified with fins of affluence.
That I may be the sun
To the moon of multitudes.
That those who told my story for scorn
May seek the forces that propel my launch.
And oh! That the flame of love
May razzle my heart forever!
Oh! Lord I pray (amen) .
16th 02 2004.
Comments about My Prayer by sam elere
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
sam elere's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda