My Religion - Poem by AHO Speaks
O' God you are eternally singular and also true
Not for religions or nations but those called the me and you.
It is for us who also wish to be singular and true
Not just for self but for others the good deed we do.
We will never achieve what you have in mind for us
Unless it is to and for you; that we trust.
Our sacrifice of time and our children who belong to you
We of the many and not those of the few.
You have provided every one born with the gift of soul
It is our lifeline to you who will make us whole.
Your gift of the symbol for a living gree
May my words and actions be pleasing to thee.
04-08-06 Aho Speaks
Comments about My Religion by AHO Speaks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl