Md. Ziaul Haque
My Valentine - Poem by Md. Ziaul Haque
Opposed Emperor Claudius II, the Roman, Saint Valentine,
The former considered marriage of young men as improper,
Thinking that single man would make better soldier,
Than those with wives and kin.
It was Valentine, standing against that inequality,
Performing marriages for young lovers in secret,
But was put behind bars where Asterius' daughter paid visit,
They say that with this beautiful girl Valentine fell in love deeply.
Before death's kiss 'From Your Valentine' acted as his sign,
An expression of love for the lovers- 'You are my Valentine'.
Comments about My Valentine by Md. Ziaul Haque
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl