My World - Poem by Fernando Alvarez
why do they like to pain me?
why do they enjoy my pain?
I’m a torn soul.
I’m a ruined body.
I’ve destroyed my ego,
so you couldn't do it.
I’ve destroyed my sanity,
so you wouldn't have the pleasure.
I’ve lost my feelings,
so you wouldn't hide them from me.
I’ve confused my mind,
so you wouldn't have your fun.
all that's left is my soul,
in which you had the pleasure to kill
when I was so dependent on you.
now what are you going to do?
Comments about My World by Fernando Alvarez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl