Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not Just Another Horse - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
A thoroughbred seldom on a racetrack treads!
Instead a thoroughbred is seen to glide...
Igniting the night sky,
Like a self propelled firefly!
And witnessed by the curious,
Who wonder how and why...
A thoroughbred is not just another horse!
Nor is a firefly made from butter.
Comments about Not Just Another Horse by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl