Lawrence S. Pertillar
Ode To The Sexes Axed From An Ex - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
To give is to receive.
Yet the giving does not guarantee,
A getting with it given in return to expect.
Especially if one believes,
They are owed a shown respect to accept.
Just for the tolerating periods of rejection.
That ultimately ends,
When one has been axed from an ex.
And eventually feels relieved,
That what one had felt suspected...
Is freed from attempts to prevent,
A disconnection to move on with no regrets.
As one discovers others with their druthers,
A shared ode to the sexes axed from an ex...
Find themselves joined to express,
Experiencing to address a familiar similarity.
Comments about Ode To The Sexes Axed From An Ex by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl