Sallie Howson Poems
- Death Of A Poem Shot down in its prime. Shot down While ...
- Give Me A Man Give me a man Who wants the moon But ...
- Breakfast Without You Breakfast was torture Without ...
- A Lazy Afternoon. Swing, swing, Dozing in the hammock, ...
- The Old Man In My Bed I woke this morning to find An old man...
- My Friend Why do you love me my friend? I love you for ...
- The Box Under My Bed I have a wooden box Under my bed. It’s...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Death Of A Poem
Shot down in its prime.
While making daisy chains in the park
For little girls to be daisy queens.
While tottering down the catwalk
In this years daring fashion.
While bungee jumping from Brooklyn bridge.
While kite boarding on Porthmadog beach
While refusing ecstasy at a rave,
High on the beat and energy of the music
While drawing a moustache on Mona Lisa
And carrying Michelangelo’s David
Back to its rightful place in the square,
Where he can enjoy the sunshine, rain and ...