Oh Friend, I Love You, Think This Over - Poem by Kabir
Oh friend, I love you, think this over
carefully! If you are in love,
then why are you asleep?
If you have found him,
give yourself to him, take him.
Why do you lose track of him again and again?
If you are about to fall into heavy sleep anyway,
why waste time smoothing the bed
and arranging the pillows?
Kabir will tell you the truth: this is what love is like:
suppose you had to cut your head off
and give it to someone else,
what difference would that make?
Comments about Oh Friend, I Love You, Think This Over by Kabir
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl