Glen Kappy Poems
- The Pull Of Poetry I got there just before it closed and ...
- He Sang 'And when they had sung a hymn…' —Mark 14: ...
- Bridge from 'Dreams and Visions' to Gloria In a dream ...
- Because Of What You Have Done,...
- Prayer For Help With Forgivene... Send strong winds, O ...
- In The Time Before New Year from 'Dreams and Visions' Free...
- The World Is Also This We bite then peel a navel orange— it ...
To the Reader,
First, thank you for your time to read this. Below is information about me and my poetry which may help you better understand what I’ve posted here in Poemhunter.
About me. The three big loves of my life in the order they happened were sports, girls/women, and God. The earliest poem I can remember writing was to my first serious girlfriend. A few years later I met poet Ree Dragonette and started to focus on poetry. That was nearly fifty years ago, and because of a need to create, and the help of many people, I'm still at it today.
I was raised in inner city New York. My father was from Jewish background, my mother from Anglo-Protestant ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Pull Of Poetry
I got there
just before it closed
and checked out
the book of poetry
I had on hold
and took it
to my car
and opened it—
the key unturned
in my ignition—
and read… and read…
till all was in blue shadow
and the chill insistent
on my neck