Glen Kappy Poems
- He Sang 'And when they had sung a hymn…' —Mark 14: ...
- Bridge from 'Dreams and Visions' to Gloria In a dream ...
- Because Of What You Have Done,...
- She Walks In early light a street or so ahead a body ...
- Prayer For Help With Forgivene... Send strong winds, O ...
- As I Begin A Morning Walk from 'While Passing ...
- Shy Moon from 'While Passing Through'/Summer Morning ...
To the Reader,
First, thank you for your time to read this. Below is information about me and my poetry which may help you better understand what I’ve posted here in Poemhunter.
About me. The three big loves of my life in the order they happened were sports, girls/women, and God. The earliest poem I can remember writing was to my first serious girlfriend. A few years later I met poet Ree Dragonette and started to focus on poetry. That was nearly fifty years ago, and because of a need to create, and the help of many people, I'm still at it today.
I was raised in inner city New York. My father was from Jewish background, my mother from Anglo-Protestant ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
'And when they had sung a hymn…'
—Mark 14: 26a
You sang, Lord(!)
In a tenor or a baritone?
we're left to wonder—
with hair, eyes, skin, size—
to wonder then let go) .
Was it a solemn song?
Or one to fortify
against the night
you knew would follow?
In times before
on dusty roads
were they who struggled
to keep up with you
surprised to hear you whistle?
Or did they smile
when you'd start
a cadenced song
to make less weary
all the miles?
Or in gray dawn
and back from prayer—