Glen Kappy Poems
- The Pull Of Poetry I got there just before it closed and ...
- He Sang 'And when they had sung a hymn…' —Mark 14: ...
- Semi-Retired In Early Spring A Monday morning. Early ...
- Bridge from 'Dreams and Visions' to Gloria In a dream ...
- Because Of What You Have Done,...
- Prayer For Help With Forgivene... Send strong winds, O ...
- In The Time Before New Year from 'Dreams and Visions' Free...
To the Reader,
First, thank you for your time to read this.
A little about me. I was raised in inner city New York. My father was from Jewish background, my mother from Anglo-Protestant background, but both were alienated from their traditions. Agnostic themselves, they raised my siblings and me to make our own decisions about religion. Ironically perhaps, from college on I grew increasingly drawn to “the God question” with my initial interest in the Hindu, Buddhist, and Tao traditions.
After completing my B.A., I spent much of the next two years outdoors hitch-hiking in the western U.S. Over this time I became convinced there was an intelligence behind ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Pull Of Poetry
I got there
just before it closed
and checked out
the book of poetry
I had on hold
and took it
to my car
and opened it—
the key unturned
in my ignition—
and read… and read…
till all was in blue shadow
and the chill insistent
on my neck