Lawrence S. Pertillar
Ordained - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Whisper and speak
In secret meetings.
But you still reek.
And that smell
Will be identified with you,
For the rest of your life.
No matter what codes you select,
That stench can not remain undercover.
And your 'calling'...
As 'you' put it!
Is going to have you isolated
For the rest of your life!
And the tragedy of it all...
You believe you have been ordained!
Putting a blemish on all humanity.
And those like you,
Who believed they too...
Function with minds that are sane!
Comments about Ordained by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl