Lawrence S. Pertillar
Patience It Took - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The path I have paved,
Has been years in the making.
Few detours on it have I taken.
With obstacles to remove,
As others observed me...
As if to disapprove.
And I have learned while doing this,
Only I understood my dreams and wishes.
Only I made promises to myself and no one else,
What I wanted and needed to achieve...
Would eventually materialize to please me.
With a patience it took time to realize.
Comments about Patience It Took by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl