Lawrence S. Pertillar
Pocket And Run - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
And exchange between them business cards.
Identifying the purpose...
What to them this affair has meant!
Leaving each other,
Smiling big with firm handshakes.
Opportunists they are...
Believing they have what it takes,
To establish themselves and make 'breaks'!
But when it is time,
To get 'real' things done...
They show utter dissatisfaction,
Towards the working ones!
As they explain in campaigns...
They're awaiting for more funding,
To pocket and run!
Comments about Pocket And Run by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl