ivor or ivor.e hogg
Prima Ballerina For M Lady Ernestine - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
I was enchanted by her grace.
The way she moved so fluidly.
A member of the human race?
It seemed to me she could not be.
Yet there she was before my eyes.
A ballerina in her prime,
who has the power to hypnotise
To look away would be a crime.
This was her farewell performance.
She seemed to defy gravity.
I’ll never have another chance.
It was as if she danced for me.
It was the same for everyone.
She danced for them and them alone.
Comments about Prima Ballerina For M Lady Ernestine by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl