Rain - Poem by Aminat Opatola
Rain rain rain
falling from the sky above makes me wonder,
making sounds like itemic poems makes it feels stronger,
children hopes coming to pass as it prepares them for shower,
Tap, tap, tap
The rain is here.
Bucket, plates and pails as the women wears off their sober, smiles on their glimmering faces as they say good byes to summer,
fulfilment in couples faces as it feels cooler for slumber,
no season is more peculiar as it rains special in winter,
solitude filling the ground at night as it makes the whole worldshiver,
what is more kinner?
No other than the rain in november.
Comments about Rain by Aminat Opatola
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl