Scars Deeply Unseen [until It's Too Late] - Poem by Liz Munro
How can we say such words
if we don't really mean them?
When it's too late -
is it because your soul feels guilty
and you're left consumed with self-hate?
I love you -
because you're too scared to be alone?
when it's only words without true emotion
it is worse deception
as it cuts through the bone.
If you came here
with false words and lies
saying words you didn't really mean,
then you realise -
too late -
that your lies hurt worse then the truth,
because for many
those scars lie deeply unseen -
on the soul...
...until it's too late and they're gone.
Comments about Scars Deeply Unseen [until It's Too Late] by Liz Munro
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl