Lawrence S. Pertillar
Self Assessment - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
A daily dose,
Of separating one's mind...
From truth to know it.
And the popularity of delusion.
With it continually done as if a habit.
Can keep this self assessment done,
A lonely process.
But the overall benefits from doing this,
Keeps one knowing decisively...
Who is and is not,
Threatened by truth.
Or who screams horrified,
Whenever the presence of truth...
A self assessment kept,
Keeps medications away.
And doctors who prescribe them,
Running out of 'patients'.
Comments about Self Assessment by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl