Sent To Pain - Poem by Naveed Akram
We were sent to the halls of pain,
Then a bulky mass of water collapsed;
Our heads were drenched, sanctifying
The brain and spine, so far we were hurt.
Then a painful punishment ensued with ease
As the backbiting, and authority as the temptation.
We were at the castle of woe, the dungeon of danger,
Sudden acts wore their shoes with such teaching,
This last hour was upon us, and the warning alerted
Our heads and our hearts were seen by the hearts.
We delved into the warnings,
These special signs
Collapsing like the rainclouds,
Craving for the food of the mouth,
Keeping a soul to the death;
Emotions curled and frowned.
Comments about Sent To Pain by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl