RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sleep A Reposing Sleep - Poem by RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Strumming and beating a heart and it's strings elatedly,
fixing them in tunnels of time.
Playfully interpreting syllables of every note into and
out of perfect measures of every composition.
Often listening in solitary pensive moods, hiding away,
not wanting to be bothered or talked to.
Taking all emotions and tenderly laying them in beds of
roses where they can sleep the reposing sleep of a
No more wanting or hoping, desires being left unfulfilled
for an eternity.
Living a lonely life and finding expressions and meanings
of another life coming soon to pass without another word
being uttered from lips that are closed forever in the
throes of death tonight.
Comments about Sleep A Reposing Sleep by RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl