Lawrence S. Pertillar
Socially Illiterate - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
And using this as a depiction to motivate...
It has become quite refreshing to be ignored by those,
Who have awakened to discover...
Very few are seeking their acceptance.
Or wishing an invitation once approval has been granted.
'Why do they look upon you with disdain? '
~Is that what that is?
I'm glad I'm with you and you took the time to notice.~
'I can't help it.
They are staring.'
~Wave to them.
Maybe they will turn up their noses and look the other way.~
Perhaps the giving them your attention will offend them.~
'Why don't you do it? '
Why should I waste a wave? ~
Comments about Socially Illiterate by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl