Tender Confessions - Poem by Angela Davis
When I think of how life used to be,
how I always hid in the shadows,
letting it obscure my existence.
I look at everything you have given me:
love and hope, not just for us,
but for the future as well.
I feel like I’m dancing in the clouds
I must confess, each day I wake
I fear that this has all been but a dream;
then I realize you’re still with me.
I know I have been truly blessed
for everything you have given me,
for the love and tenderness you show,
that I have not been left behind.
Every night I pray
that you will never leave me.
I do my best with every breath
that is left within my body and soul
to be worthy of your love.
For My Love….
Comments about Tender Confessions by Angela Davis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda