The Greater Horizon - Poem by Amberlee Carter
Today I saw a man
just yesterday a boy
with whom I had played.
and he spoke within my youthful ear
of how he was going away-
to catch the sun
and her many calico horizons.
and though I felt to mourn
I spoke instead, in gentle tongue:
' Father, will you be gone long? '
Comments about The Greater Horizon by Amberlee Carter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl