Edward Kofi Louis
The Heavens Are Watching - Poem by Edward Kofi Louis
A piece of boiled fish and some honeycomb,
Mixing up and fixing up things;
Fried fish with the muse of your dish,
Fried plantain and fried cocoyam,
Eating with the muse of your culture;
The tradition of the land,
But the light of the heavens are watching over our works on earth.
Inhabitants of the world,
Dwellers on the earth;
Listen to the words of the truth and,
Let us live in peace.
Let righteousness rule!
With righteous laws.
Able to see the light of the truth! !
Overcoming hatred and war,
Eating the right food;
Righteous food of peace and love! !
To unite the world.
Comments about The Heavens Are Watching by Edward Kofi Louis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl