The Light In My Life - Poem by Naveed Akram
The light has featured in my life, in my soul,
For the signs on the window leak away when in fright;
The thundering is a reminder from the lords of the sky,
It is a finger of such silver, gold and diamond.
May the stretch of time be enough to teach a sign,
Opening the other crowd, from it is the fire of centuries.
The flames descend like mathematical expressions,
Offices are in flames like the ghosts of a hard decade.
Honour has written itself when the art of the stars is departing,
The science of the heat is the momentum of the grey sight.
Honour will become you when the thunder stops and lightning
Strikes like a hammer too violent in the third degree.
Comments about The Light In My Life by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl