The Valour Of Gambling - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
One bets on horses, another on cards,
The third one on stocks, thus they push their tides.
Nor for food do they wage for they are rich
It is ego’s urge that propels them to do.
They want to see their prediction come true,
And when they come true, they beam,
With bearing for failures in between.
Hunger for ego is stronger than
Hunger for love and hunger for bread.
The valour is sweet, with loss though.
Comments about The Valour Of Gambling by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda