The Way It Was - Poem by Rhiannon Scase
Oh the way he held me;
So safe, intimate and warm.
The way he made me laugh;
So often, so effortlessly.
The way he brighened up my day;
With a simple smile that screamed 'Come to me! '
Oh the way he holds me;
So brief, so rushed.
The way he makes me laugh;
So forced and rare.
But most of all: the way he talks to me;
The silence so loud it deafens me.
Oh how I miss the way it was!
Comments about The Way It Was by Rhiannon Scase
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl