Lawrence S. Pertillar
'Them' And 'They' Are There - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
'Them' and 'they' are there.
How do you explain that?
'Was that a requirement?
I did not think that I should,
And even if that was someone's expectation,
Who would demand I comply?
Who seeks to bestow upon me their approval?
If you know 'them' and 'they' are 'there'...
And I am here not caring.
Perhaps you should find out from them,
As to 'why'?
Since you get nothing else here,
But direct eye contact!
And that wont be for too much longer.
There are deeds I must accomplish.'
Comments about 'Them' And 'They' Are There by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl