Time - Poem by louis rams
it seems that 'time'catches up to us quick
we can't fight it or beat it with a stick
so we will accept the fact that we are getting older
and with the age -we're getting bolder.
at times we tend to say things that we do not mean
nor do we think about the hurt it can create.
we must make up for it before it's too late.
the younger generation will always have a different view
their decisions are not up to me or you.
so let us step aside so they can try
to change the things that we did not complete
for their time will come within 'a heartbeat'
they will see just as we-that time waits for no man
nor will it take a stand-'untill we're in the promised land'.
Comments about Time by louis rams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl