Time To Go - Poem by Cynthia BuhainBaello
Ah, the pride of man unmasked,
When Death upon his door comes knocking.
When weakened arms fail in their task
When eyes, in vision, are failing.
Our time to go is set, without delay.
Truth says"no one lives forever".
As the sun sets at the end of each day,
So the time to die comes not sooner or later.
Age does not stop the man with the sickle,
He has a job to do and he does it promptly.
Whatever their color, he comes for all people
Whose time to go is set eternally.
Cynthia Buhain-Baello - 01.19.18
Comments about Time To Go by Cynthia BuhainBaello
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl