Lawrence S. Pertillar
Tough. Prepared And Ready - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Fear to face.
Can possibly be taught.
And sought to combat it.
From videos selected.
To determine which ones purchased.
Best attacks those fears to eliminate.
But nothing can test better,
Than fear to experience it.
Face to face.
And making attempts,
To steady shaking legs.
The presence of fear overwhelms.
And one has been found to have fainted.
Laying stiff on the ground.
Or on someone's floor.
Once fear to have known.
Is shown again.
One tough. Prepared and ready.
Expected to run away frightened.
Any fear appearing,
Either becomes ignored or chased.
I ain't your damn boo.
Get out of my way.
I've got endeavors to pursue and do.
I'm not afraid of you.
Comments about Tough. Prepared And Ready by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl